Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bobs

From: "Craig M. Kanarick" <kanarick@BBN.COM>
Date: 21 Mar 90 19:25:34 GMT
Subject: Re: Bobs
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@BBN.COM

In article <9003211859.AA19397@m.cs.uiuc.edu> mendel@CS.UIUC.EDU (Michael Mendelson) writes:
>Has anyone out there ever heard of the Bobs?  They are a brilliant
>avant-garde a capella group.  I recently found a cd of theirs called
>My, I'm Large.  Apparently there is also one called New Wave Music.
>But their first album, The Bobs, doesn't seem to be out on CD.  Or is it?

(Liz, am I beating you to the punch?)

Actaully, Michael, the first album is called "The Bobs". There is a
fake sticker on the cover that says "Nu Wave Music", but I don't think
that is the title.  The album is out on CD, and includes a cover of
"Whip It", if I remember correctly.  If you thing "My, I'm Large" is
good, you *love* their first one (much stronger, I think).

I agree with you, they *are* fantastic, check them out live, you'll
have a blast.

-- Craig

Craig M. Kanarick				"Do I love you?  Yes, I
kanarick@bbn.com				 love you.  All this talking,
		             			 talking, is only bravado..."
BBN Systems and Technologies Corporation	 - The Blue Nile