Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bobs

From: Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 90 12:59:50 -0600
Subject: Bobs

Has anyone out there ever heard of the Bobs?  They are a brilliant
avant-garde a capella group.  I recently found a cd of theirs called
My, I'm Large.  Apparently there is also one called New Wave Music.
But their first album, The Bobs, doesn't seem to be out on CD.  Or is it?

If you are at all into interesting a capella work and very witty
lyrics, you should check these guys out.  A friend of mine saw
them live in Chicago last month, so apparently they are touring.
I'm sure they'd be amazing live.  They remind me of The Manhattan
Transfer, except they are less jazzy and more, shall we say, weird
(for lack of a better word).  Does anyone know of other interesting
a capella groups?
					       			.

				           "Hurricane Bob is petering out
				               and Charlotte's on the way
				 She puts mascara on the eye of the storm"