Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Shelleyan Orphan tidbits

From: woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 90 13:49:34 EST
Subject: Shelleyan Orphan tidbits

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, but the first
(or at least previous) Shelleyan Orphan album _Helleborine_ features
Danny Thompson on double bass, Stuart Elliot on percussion *and* Paddy
Bush on tamboura and mandolin.

I was sitting here recording it from a friend and I instantly recognized
the double bass and looked at the liner notes to see if I was correct
in assumming it was Thompson and, to my surprise, Stuart and Paddy were
listed right after him!

This album is quite lush instrumentally - lots of strings and acoustic
guitars and other softer instruments. Their sound I would place somewhere
between Sarah McLachlan and Beethoven (roughly) and is most mellow.

_Century Flower_ is their latest and was released last fall. The sound
is similar on that one as well.

On a completely different note, John Giblin plays bass on Fish's new album.

woj