Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 90 12:02:34 PST

To: ames!rec-music-gaffa
From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: The Single File on video
Date: 21 Mar 90 20:02:33 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

In article <9003211241.AA01850@gaffa.MIT.EDU> 8548222@WWU.EDU (Dave Armstrong) writes:
>To my utter disbelief I was looking right at
>
>                    KATE BUSH - THE SINGLES FILE
>
>I whipped out my checkbook and bought it without hesitation.  It was $39.95.
>

>Now for a question.  Is this a legitimate copy or not?  I always thought that
>is was _The Single File_.
>
>It comes with a light green cover.  It is VHS Stereo HI-FI.  It gives copyright
>credit to Novercia Ltd. and EMI Records Ltd. and says "this video licensed to
>Cello Video, Inc. (c) 1989".

This sounds like Cello Video (anybody ever hear of them?) has licensed
the rights for the videos!  If so, this is amazing, astounding news!
Is there any definite indication of the country of origin?  Since it seems
to play on your American equipment I assume it's not British.  And since
the price is so reasonable I guess it's not a Japanese import.  So it
sounds like it might be American!  Please, check all over the label and
see if there's an address for Cello!

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov