Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

VH-1 A-Z video history...

From: "Ken." <cs225ax@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 90 00:50:05 -0600
Subject: VH-1 A-Z video history...

     Has anyone been watching VH-1's history of music videos?  I started
watching at A, waiting patiently for some Kate Bush stuff to record.  They
were playing all of each group/person's videos, e.g. every David Bowie video,
but they went from The Boggles (?) to David Byrne (!).  Since Bush should
appear between the two, I assume they are ignoring Kate.
     After the special interview etc. a few weeks ago, are they totally
ignoring all her videos?  They're only playing 80s stuff, but sheesh all of
the videos that I know of are in that time frame.  Do they consider Kate to
be enough of a pseudonym to appear under the K slot?
     I know Kate's stuff is not the most accessible stuff that VH-1 plays, but
they've played over a half a dozen videos made by artists I have never in my
life heard of!  I would think she has enough of an impact to appear!  Anyone
have any comments?
							Ken.
						   ken-b@uiuc.edu