Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Steve Winwood

From: munnari!cc.nu.oz.au!C8848029@uunet.uu.net
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 90 12:42 +1000
Subject: Steve Winwood

From: c8848029@cc.nu.oz
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 11 Mar 90 12:42:00 +1000

I'm one step ahead of you there, Mr Kasprzak. I must have forgotten to mention
that I also taped the entire concert from Cleveland, Ohio when it was broadcast.
I would be very interested in obtaining a copy of the Massachuessetts (apologies
for the massacre in spelling) concert. So if there's anyone out there who has
it, please let me know and I'll send a cassette over. Australia Post is no
better nor worse than any other Western postal service so there's a chance it
may reach you (and better still, get back to me!) For anyone who's interested,
I have quite an impressive collection of interviews, concert material, etc of
Steve Winwood (well, impressive considering I'm living in a country that
for the greater part, doesn't regard him as anything special!) :
		1) Cleveland, Ohio concert in all its glory.
		2) 1967 live recordings of the Spencer Davis Group performing
		   "Gimme Some Lovin' " and "I'm A Man" (this was done for the
		    BBC)
		3) 1969 live recording of Traffic doing "Hole In My Shoe" for
		   the BBC.
		4) his part of the 1983 ARMS concert ("Road Runner", "Slowdown
		   Sundown", "Take Me To The River", "Gimme Some Lovin' ", and
		   some others he sang on stage with Jimmy Page's band.)
		5) a ROCKSAT one hour interview - I believe you Americans have
		   something similar over there - where an artist or band is
		   linked to their devoted fans via the staellite and telephone.
		   The first (and as yet) only time I ever communicated with
		   him.
	        6) The 1988 Rolling Stone interview.
		7)all of his solo stuff on CD (apart from "Arc Of A Diver"
		  which I have on album) plus 12" mixes to "Higher Love",
		  "Freedom Overspill", "Roll With It", "Holding On" and
		  "Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?"
		8) assorted and mixed up radio interviews.

If anyone's interested, my mailing address till the year's out is:

	Miss Jayanthi Viswanathan
	Edwards Hall
	The University of Newcastle
	New South Wales 2308
	Australia.

If you can add to my collection (there's always room for improvement!)
please let me know over NEWS. I'd also like to get any more 12" -ers (as
we call them here.)

Jayanthi Viswanathan
University of Newcastle.

"To be engraved on my tombstone -'When Life Is Too Much...'"
			- Viswanathan/Winwood.