Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: root@IUVAX.CS.INDIANA.EDU (Boss Tweed)
Date: 7 Mar 90 19:23:17 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Sender: daemon@eddie.mit.edu (Mr Background)

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: The Laugh (here we go again)
Date: 7 Mar 90 19:23:16 GMT
Sender: root@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

Neil Calton tells us:
>Now the presence of the laugh on the Love and Anger 12" clearly
>proves it has absolutely nothing to do with The Fog. Whatever the
>labels say about mixing (I do not have then yet to check the wording
>or whether anything else in the mix is different) the laugh has been
>placed with Love and Anger. Therefore you (and many others) were wrong.
>So why not admit it - you know you will feel better afterwards :-)

BUT:  if the sleeve proclaims that the 12" version that happens to be
followed by the laugh is _not_ the album version of the song, then we
have proof that the laugh does _not_ belong to Love and Anger and that they
just happened to throw it on the 12".  I liked somebody's idea that it was
a nice thing to throw between two tracks.

And it _does_ belong with "The Fog."  I don't care what _anybody_
says.

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "On the outskirts of nowhere           |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  on the ringroad to somewhere,         |