Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

wrong note not wrong to me

From: koeppel@athos.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: 6 Mar 90 22:02:21 GMT
Subject: wrong note not wrong to me
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

about the note in wuthering heights...

The first time I heard that note, my brain yelled out "weird!"

why was it "off" like that, i wondered?

but one thing i always thought was _neat_ about kate
is that the melodies are very often _very_ unpredicatable.

I _always_ sing along to music that I like, I can't help
it at all. And I like to be perfect about it.
Kate's music is often a challenge to get right,
and very soon, i loved that "off" note more than most
'cuase you _had_ to be careful, you _had_ to try, to get it
quite like that.

there is _no_ question in my mind that kate did it
on purpose.

_and_ I do like it that way :)

	   	jessica

|  Oh WOW! thought I'd be outta here by now.        --Concrete Blonde         |