Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 90 16:31:28 PST

To: ames!rec-music-gaffa
From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Twisted syllogisms (was Re: twisted sound bites from Shakespeare)
Date: 7 Mar 90 00:31:26 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

In article <1209168@mac.Dartmouth.EDU> Julian.West@MAC.DARTMOUTH.EDU writes:

>Ed wrote:
>
>> When _HoL_ came out, _Rolling Stone_ wasn't giving stars in its
>> reviews.  So it's hard to tell what they really thought.
>
>You're kidding, right? You come from the school of ironic
>false syllogisms, right?
>
>Julian

No.  I don't have this review any more, but I remember that when I read it
I *couldn't* tell what they really thought.  It was really very hazily
written.  If they had used stars, I could at least have learned if the
reviewer thought it was good or bad.  From his words I could only tell
that he neither loved nor loathed it.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov