Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

POLL RESULTS: The song that got you into Kate

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 90 13:49:53 PST
Subject: POLL RESULTS: The song that got you into Kate

Below are the results of my poll.  I got 94 responses (thanks,
everybody!), and 29 different songs were listed.  Quite a few
people told me that this was a difficult choice, something I
can definitely agree with!  A few people weren't completely
clear about their choices; they listed several songs and the reasons
why each should be considered.  In those cases I tried to pick the
one most suited for my purpose:  The song that first grabbed your
attention and made you realize that this was an artist worth learning
more about.

The winner, by a wide margin, is "Running Up That Hill".  This doesn't
surprise me, since this seems to mainly be an American newsgroup.  In
second place is "Wuthering Heights".  All others are quite far behind.

Songs that got equal numbers of votes are listed in their order of
appearance on the albums.

Running Up That Hill -- 22
Wuthering Heights -- 14
Cloudbusting -- 6
The Man With The Child In His Eyes -- 5
Sat In Your Lap -- 5
Babooshka -- 4
Breathing -- 4
Army Dreamers -- 3
Waking The Witch -- 3
Don't Give Up -- 3 (Yes, I know this is really Peter Gabriel's song.)
Kite -- 2
Night Of The Swallow -- 2
The Big Sky -- 2
Under Ice -- 2
Jig Of Life -- 2
Hello Earth -- 2
Moving -- 1
James And The Cold Gun -- 1
Them Heavy People -- 1
Symphony In Blue --1
Wow -- 1
Suspended In Gaffa -- 1
Get Out Of My House -- 1
Hounds Of Love -- 1
Watching You Without Me -- 1
Wuthering Heights (new vocal) -- 1 (I wasn't sure whether to put this with
				    the rest of "Wuthering Heights" or
				    not.)
Experiment IV -- 1
The Sensual World -- 1