Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Initial comments about _HoL_ and _TSW_

From: "Ken." <cs225ax@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 90 10:55:55 -0600
Subject: Re: Initial comments about _HoL_ and _TSW_

     My intro to Kate was _The Big Sky_.  It never left my mind, but I never
bought any of her albums.  I heard _Love and Anger_ and decided that her stuff
was good.  So I got _TSW_ for Christmas and liked the songs better than
_The Big Sky_.  I promised myself I'd only buy one or two more of her CDs
because I wasn't sure about her earlier stuff.  That's why I now have all
seven of her "official" albums.  :-)
     _TSW_ is actually third in my list, tying with _TKI_.  I guess I've
listened to _TSW_ enough to really enjoy it.  _TSW_ has taken me longer to
delve into than Kate's earlier stuff; that may be part of what's holding the
album down in relation to her other works that have been around for years.
     On the subject of "Murmurs behind the glitter" or whatever that was,
the line at the end of _Love and Anger_ is, as accurately as I can tell from
the CD, something.  It's just too mumbly even on CD to tell, even at full
volume.  It could be anything really.  The video might have a clearer version
of the end, because I thought I remember hearing her say something compre-
hensible.  Oh well.
							Ken.
{= InterNet  =}           ken-b@uiuc.edu  {=    Kenneth R. Brownfield      =}
{= BITNET    =}  free0361@uiucvmd.bitnet  {=  University of Illinois, UC   =}