Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Annotations

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: 26-FEB-1990 20:59:06.09
Subject: Re: Annotations

From: mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 26 Feb 90 20:57:57 GMT

Oh, please!!!

Will you people PLEASE get off this masturbation kick?!?  I'm not sure, and
maybe KT hadn't gotten together with Del at the time she wrote TKI, but I don't
think she was THAT frustrated.

"When I turn the light off and turn over" is simple: how many of you out there
turn off your bedside lamp and lie on your back staring at the glow-in-the-dark
stars on your ceiling?  Not many.  I, for one, sleep on my side, which involves
turning over.  Assuming KT also sleeps on her side (only she and Del can
accurately answer that one), I think that adequately explains it.

While I'm sure a lot of the songs on TKI ("Moving" and "The Man With The Child
In His Eyes", for example) have to do with fantasizing, I think it stops there.
The latter especially strikes me as a fantasy, but in my view you need to read
a heluva lot of nonexistent stuff into it to see references to masturbation.

Sorry if this comes across as a flame, but pretty soon we'll be seeing
references to acid trips in "The Big Sky".  Let's nip this one in the bud,
now, shall we?

Meredith Tarr                "Living in the gap between past and future..."
mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu                           		-KT