Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: xtc

From: lee@liberty.cs.umass.edu (Peter Lee)
Date: 1 Feb 90 18:07:13 GMT
Subject: Re: xtc
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@dime.cs.umass.edu

root@athena.mit.edu (Wizard A. Root):
>mendel@CS.UIUC.EDU (Michael Mendelson):
>> I just saw an English Settlement CD (one, not two) which claimed to
>> have the "entire contents of the double-LP" on it.  Were they lying,
>> or is there a CD which has the whole album on it?  (I did not notice
>> the company or anything else, but I don't think it was an import.)
>> Wouldn't this be false advertising if as someone pointed out the
>> domestic release omits a couple of tracks?
>
>Most of the XTC discs, when released, included multiple additonal
>tracks not available on the LP. I don't think that _English_Settle-
>ment was ever a double-LP, even in it's CD release, though.

Actually, English Settlement was, in fact, originally a double LP.  All
UK vinyl pressings are two records, and one US pressing (on Geffen, as I
recall) is as well.  The UK CD, however, does not contain the complete
double album (its missing two tracks, as I recall).  The US CD contains the
whole thing, as advertised.  For once, the US record company got something
right!
|-                       Peter E. Lee, Staff Assistant                       -|
|   Software Development Lab at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst    |
|         lee@cs.umass.edu or Fuligin@umass.bitnet or (413) 549-6366          |
|_               "Putting a Spoke in the Ear of the Unguarded"               _|