Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: xtc

From: claris!netcom!petersen@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Barbara Petersen)
Date: 1 Feb 90 15:11:35 GMT
Subject: Re: xtc
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9001312027.AA21026@m.cs.uiuc.edu>, mendel@CS.UIUC.EDU
(Michael Mendelson) writes:

> I just saw an English Settlement CD (one, not two) which claimed to
> have the "entire contents of the double-LP" on it.  Were they lying,
> or is there a CD which has the whole album on it?  (I did not notice
> the company or anything else, but I don't think it was an import.)
> Wouldn't this be false advertising if as someone pointed out the
> domestic release omits a couple of tracks?

I own "English Settlement" on both CD (single CD, domestic release)
and vinyl (double LP, domestic release); they contain the identical
tracks (Runaways, Ball and Chain, Senses Working Overtime, Jason and
the Argonauts, No Thugs In Our House, Yacht Dance, All Of a Sudden,
Melt the Guns, Leisure, It's Nearly Africa, Knuckle Down, Fly On the
Wall, Down In the Cockpit, English Roundabout, Snowman).  I don't
know how this compares to import versions....

---
Barbara Petersen
..{apple, amdahl, claris, tandem}!netcom!petersen        petersen@netcom.uucp
          "I hope and I pray for Hester to win just one more 'A'...."