Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: xtc

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (I am the electric messiah - the AC/DC God.)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 90 09:42:41 -0500
Subject: Re: xtc
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9001312027.AA21026@m.cs.uiuc.edu> mendel@CS.UIUC.EDU (Michael Mendelson) writes:
>I just saw an English Settlement CD (one, not two) which claimed to
>have the "entire contents of the double-LP" on it.  Were they lying,
>or is there a CD which has the whole album on it?  (I did not notice
>the company or anything else, but I don't think it was an import.)
>Wouldn't this be false advertising if as someone pointed out the
>domestic release omits a couple of tracks?

Well, it WOULD be false advertising except for the fact that they are
absolutely unconditionally telling the truth.  I have had this CD for
well over a year and it does indeed have everything from the 2 record
set.  It's about 74 minutes long.  The original Virgin UK pressing
(available here as import) was missing "leisure" and "Down In The
Cockpit" but they are both restored on the Geffen (domestic) pressing.

There is a mailing list devoted to xtc, by the way.  The address to
subscribe is chalkhills-request@presto.ig.com.

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I can say with confidence I know a     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  fair bit about LSD."   -- Dan Rather   |