Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

XTC _English Settlement_

From: John M. Relph <relph@presto.ig.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1990 9:54:55 PST
Subject: XTC _English Settlement_

Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu> sez:

>I just saw an English Settlement CD (one, not two) which claimed to
>have the "entire contents of the double-LP" on it.  Were they lying,
>or is there a CD which has the whole album on it?

Yes, this _English Settlement_ CD, from Geffen Records US,
does indeed have the entire contents of the original Virgin
UK double LP.  However, the Virgin UK CD has only 13 of the
original 15 tracks on it.

woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu> sez:

>Most of the XTC discs, when released, included multiple additonal
>tracks not available on the LP. I don't think that _English_Settle-
>ment was ever a double-LP, even in it's CD release, though.

Yes, the original Virgin UK album was a douple LP with 15
songs, but the US album (from Epic Records) only had 10 songs
out of the original 15 and was a single album.  Epic also
decided not to print the original textured cover artwork.

	-- John