Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Case closed

From: PBMANCHESTER@ccmail.sunysb.edu
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 90 21:47 EST
Subject: Case closed

Date: Mon, 22 Jan 90 22:10 EST
From: PBMANCHESTER@ccmail.sunysb.edu

	Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu; Fri, 05 Jan 90 12:14:16 EST
gathered up the arguments to refute Larry DeLuca and now Kate confirms them:

>>> [Larry DeLuca on "Not This Time":] (It should also be noted that I
>> think all the people who insist the line "It keeps me going and it
>> keeps the ship away" is really "...it keeps the shit away" are silly
>> - if that's what she'd said, really, she would have published it.
>
>Kate didn't prepare the book, so your argument is pretty tenuous.  The
>lyric is obviously "shit" -- not "ship".  First of all, it sounds like
>"shit" -- not "ship".  Secondly, what the hell would "to keep the ship
>away" mean?

Asked about 'control' in  Rolling Stone , Kate says you *have* to be in control,
"otherwise people will shit you right and left."

Kate always sounds like herself.

A O A O A O A O A O A O A O A O A O A O A O A O A O A O A O A O A O A O A O A O

       pmanchester@ccmail.sunysb.edu     >
         pmanchester@sbccmail.bitnet    <     "C'MON, WE ALL SING"
                     Peter Manchester     >      --Not This Time