Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Finally-- Some Promotional hype!

From: datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu (David Datta)
Date: 23 Jan 90 02:43:12 GMT
Subject: Finally-- Some Promotional hype!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@uwm.edu

This just arrived at a local record store. Looks like there will
finally be some promotion for TSW! The contest is only open to
record stores, thusly, I have not included the entry form. If your
local store doesn't have any material, have them contact Concrete
instead of Columbia, they seem to really want to answer questions.

-Dave
          At the top of the flyer, three reproduced
          photos of Kate that are probably from John's
          book.

January 10, 1990

Dear Kate Bush Fans,

Here's your chance to show your support for Kate and her latest
release _The Sensual World_ by entering the official Columbia
Records/ Concrete Marketing "Kate Bush Display Contest." The
concept is quite simple, just follow these four easy steps:

     o    Put up a Kate Bush poster
     o    Take a photograph of your display
     o    Fill out the entry form below and enclose the photo
     o    Mail it back to us marked "Attention: Kate Bush Contest"

For every entry that we receive, we will send you out a Kate Bush
t-shirt and enter you into a raffle drawing where four lucky people
will win a special biography written by Kate's brother John. These
hard cover embossed 62 page books offer the reader a glimpse into
the childhood of Kate. A window into her past with each b/w
photograph revealing a different side of Kate as recalled by her
brother. There are only a limited number of these books available
and they are only available in England and of course, through our
special contest. If you need any display materials just call your
local Columbia or Concrete rep.

All entries must be postmarked no later than February 28th so get
those entries to us as soon as possible!
Concrete Marketing, Inc.
1133 Broadway, Suite 204
New York, NY 10010 USA

     Phone: (212) 654-1360