Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Any Suggestions?

From: bilbo@cis.ohio-state.edu (William H Stoner III)
Date: 23 Jan 90 16:51:19 GMT
Subject: Any Suggestions?
Sender: news@cis.ohio-state.edu

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations on what stuff I should buy
from the following artists.  My funds are limited so I was
wondering if you folk could give me a feel for what the
"best/difinitive" work each group has done.  I'm basically
looking for suggestions on where to start but I probably
won't buy more than one or two albums by 'em.  So here are
the arists:

Ensemble Alcatraz - What section of a store do find these guys under?
	New Age, Classsical?

Clannad - Is pastpresent a good buy?

Les Mysteries Vox Bulgaria (or what ever it's called)
	 which is the better volume?

Ofra Haza - something that shows her range yet isn't too pop
	(I'm not quite sure what I'mean by "too pop".  Does
	she have aa album which just totally blows you?)

BTW I'll be buying on CD

that's it for now.
thanks,
	bilbo

-=-
"I was in a land where men forced women to hide     |  William H. Stoner III
 their facial features...and here in the west it's  |  Systems Operator OSU CIS
 just the same but they're wearing make-up veils."  |  bilbo@cis.ohio-state.edu
       -XTC "Jason and the Argonauts"               |