Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I *like* peas

From: Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 90 11:10:59 -0600
Subject: I *like* peas

OK, so I finally succumbed to the peer ravings and obtained
Beautiful Pea Green Boat's Still Life.  After a few listenings:

It's quite good... I certainly wouldn't say *excellent* as a few
people have, at least not yet.  Powerhouse instantly reminded me
of Philip Glass' Liquid Days LP... it's almost identical.  Did
anyone else notice this?  Unlike just about everyone else on LH,
I do like the name of the band... reminds me of the Split Enz
song Six Men in a Leaky Boat.  The lyrics to the songs however
I find to be pretty much unintelligible.  If anyone has gone through
the trouble of writing these down and wants to post them that would
be Kately.  Finally, my favorite song on the album thus far: Too Much.
Later, love hounds.

			        			.

						"It's only surreal..."