Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate and Mary

From: nbc%INF.RL.AC.UK@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 90 10:19:36 GMT
Subject: Kate and Mary

Kate was featured in a BBC 2 programme on New Year's Eve called
"Eighties" which was a rock review of the decade with highlights
from the most outstanding performances on BBC TV over the past 10 years.
The showed an excerpt from Kate's performance of "Running Up That Hill"
from the Wogan show probably only about 40 secs worth, but some artists
only got about 10 seconds.

>From: chris@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
>Subject: Ladyslipper catalog listing.
>MARY COUGHLIN-Tired & Emotional
>A thoroughly unusual debut album from an Irish woman who has developed
>quite a buzz, even a cult following, among music fans.
>I only have the LP but I think it's available on CD now.

It's good to hear someone promoting Mary Coughlin. I strongly urge
Love-hounds to check her out. Great for late night listening. There
is a second album called "Under the Influence" which includes a great
version of "Ride On". Both albums highly recommended. Both are also
available on CD - at least over here. It has been a long time since
the second album came out so maybe there is another one due.

>From: James Smith <munnari!cc.nu.oz.au!CCJS@uunet.UU.NET>
>Subject: Regular monthly posting?
>Mention was made some time ago of having a regular monthly posting
>to answer questions that regularly seem to crop up in this newsgroup,
>such as 'what gaffa is'.
>All comments welcome.

Seems like a good idea. Only problem (apart from who does all the work)
is there are some questions which crop up regularly to which there
are no definitive answers. I mean, for instance, do you give the
standard definition of gaffa or all the possible oblique references
that have been discussed here?

>From: kb@gaffa.uk (Kate Bush)
>Subject: Yes, I really -do- read love-hounds!
>Don't flatter yourselves.  "Deeper Understanding" had nothing to do with you!
>							KT

Dear KT, you really must get a valid UK mail address if you want to
take part in this forum. You should have known better. Tut, tut 8-)

Be seing you,
	Neil

Neil Calton                            UUCP:   ..!mcvax!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,        NSFNET:
 nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Chilton, Didcot, Oxon  OX11 0QX        JANET:         nbc@uk.ac.rl.inf
England                                Tel: (0235) 821900   ext 5740