Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate, Michael Penn -- Synchronicity

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Give me back myself for I am held by something else above)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 90 09:59:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Kate, Michael Penn -- Synchronicity

In article <4295@scolex.sco.COM> tracyr@uunet.uu.net (The one wearing wax lips) writes:
>In article <9001032129.AA11786@GAFFA.MIT.EDU> gaffa!jsd (Jon Drukman) writes:
>>My editor gave me a copy of Penn's new album (titled "March") and I
>>  [.. not to impressed with album ..]
>
>Jon, does this album contain a song that has a chorus like "maybe
>all she wants is somebody to dance with" (or something like
>that)?  I heard this song on KITS once, and really liked it--I
>believe the DJ said it was by Michael Penn (or something that
>rhymed with Penn, anyway).  When it first started, I thought it
>was a new upbeat song by Squeeze...

Er, yeah, that's "No Myth" by Michael Penn all right... The only
decent song on the album, as I mentioned in my earlier article.  If
you like the song that much, get the single - avoid the album.
Actually, if you really want it, I'll sell you my CD...

>3 more days of being in my twenties.

Happy birthday to yoooooooo...
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu |      "Suck on this,                     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |       planet of noise bimbo!"           |