Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Does Kate Bush read news? (was Re: I have a question)

From: hui@joplin.mpr.ca (Michael Hui)
Date: 5 Jan 90 07:17:29 GMT
Subject: Does Kate Bush read news? (was Re: I have a question)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@eric.mpr.ca

In article <705@dbrmelb.dbrhi.oz> johnm@dbrmelb.OZ.AU (John Mashford) writes:

>Given the obvious familiarity with and expertise of KT with digital technology
>one also wonders whether KT reads this newsgroup, thereby obtaining some
>insight and understanding (deeper or otherwise) of herself ??

A close relative of mine is studying composition at a university.
She does not read news, does not read MIDI related magazines, does not
own a Mac, is not fanatical about Kate Bush, but does not hate her
either, does not socialize with any technologically oriented people,
etc.

But: she certainly can use a score editor to maximum effect, can control
a whole array of synthesizers quite well with a computer, and, of
course, composes music a lot more substantial than anything KT has
done; but music of a different genre, hence perhaps "more substantial"
is not a fair comparison here, objectively speaking. But music has
always been subjective; those who love the work most usually end up
writing a less accessible piece than those less devoted to it.