Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: munnari!bhpese.bhpese.oz.au!michaelf@uunet.uu.net
Date: 4 Jan 90 02:01:50 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: bhpese.bhpese.oz

From: michaelf@bhpese.bhpese.oz (Michael Freund)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: David Sylvian
Date: 4 Jan 90 02:01:44 GMT

Greg,

>I really like the Dolphin Brothers' "Catch the Fall", but in a different way
>than I like Sylvian's work.

I've only heard the first Dolphin Brothers' single - it sounded far too
commercial for my liking.  The B-side was OK, though.
The first (pre-Dolphin Brothers) Jansen / Barbieri collaboration was the
instrumental album _Worlds In A Small Room_.  This is fantastic.  Very
atmospheric and very original - have a listen.

>>1985 - Words With The Shaman   (Mini CD)
>
>This is available on CD? W O W! Is it the complete version than was released
>on cassette, or just the abbreviated version released as an EP? I'll have to
>look for it.

This 3 inch CD contains exactly the same tracks as the original EP:

			Pt. 1  Ancient Evening
			Pt. 2  Incantation
			Pt. 3  Awakening

>>1985?- Alchemy: An Index of Possibilities?   (Cassette)
>
>What is this? Is it the cassette version of "Words With the Shaman"?

See discussions on WeatherBox in rec.music.gaffa for a description.

>>1987 - Trophies: The Lyrics of David Sylvian   (Book)
>
>I've heard of this, but never seen it. I'd definitely like to own it. Is it
>easy to obtain?

		TROPHIES: The Lyrics of David Sylvian   (1987)
		-------------------------------------

TROPHIES is a 64 page publication containing the lyrics of 30 songs by
David Sylvian, including four previously unpublished titles.  The book,
size 15 cm x 21 cm, has been designed by Vaughn Oliver, with b&w photographs
by Nigel Grierson (both of 23 Envelope) with an original cover in full colour
by Russell Mills.

Two years ago, the prices were: POUNDS 6.50  for the book and
				POUNDS 4.00  for air-mail outside U.K.

Orders for all items should be addressed to:

				Order Department
				Opium (Arts) Ltd.
				17 Gosfield Street
				London, W1P 7HE
				United Kingdom

Overseas customers should make their remittance in POUNDS STERLING;
by International Money Order, Girobank, or Eurocheque;  and be made payable
to Opium (Arts) Ltd.

Regards, Michael.