Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sensual cover/ Mishima connection

From: Jorn Barger <barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 90 20:00:49 CST
Subject: Sensual cover/ Mishima connection

Some weeks ago someone here noted a similarity between the KT-with-rose pose
and a photo of Yukio Mishima (?) on the cover of a biography of same...

I happened to run into the very book in a 2nd hand store yesterday and my
opinion is that the pose, and especially the psychotic gaze, are too
strikingly similar to be an accident.

Unless I'm confusing another Japanese celebrity, Mishima was a gay novelist
and extreme reactionary who almost singlehandedly hijacked a military compound
and then committed hara kiri practically or actually on live tv, I think in
the 60's.  Just the kind of drama that might fascinate KT.

So is there a song on TSW that echoes something of his life or works?

--Jorn
"Truth can never be told so as to be understood, and not be believ'd." Blake