Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: munnari!bhpese.bhpese.oz.au!michaelf@uunet.uu.net
Date: 2 Jan 90 04:17:25 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: bhpese.bhpese.oz

From: michaelf@bhpese.bhpese.oz (Michael Freund)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: KT Mailbag; Sylvian on CD; Kate Bush CD wish list
Date: 2 Jan 90 04:17:25 GMT

IED,

In article <8912291042.AA03250@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>, IED0DXM@OAC.UCLA.EDU writes:

>      IED does think highly of Sylvian, although he believes the best work
> any of Japan's members did was done before they split up. In IED's opinion
> _Gentlemen_Take_Polaroids_ and _Tin_Drum_ are landmark works in modern
> music. (This is not to denigrate the various ex-members' solo recordings,
> which without exception are first-rate.)

I have _Gentlemen Take Polaroids_ and _Tin Drum_ on CD, and agree with your
summation of their stature.  Could you please be of some assistance regarding
two other Japan albums.  To the best of your knowledge, is either of
_Quiet Life_ or _Assemblage_  available on CD?

>      As to the various ex-members of Japan, much is still missing on CD:
> Mick Karn's spotty but sometimes wonderful debut solo album, _Titles_,
> is still not available anywhere (even in Japan, so far as IED is aware,

I have _The Waking Hour_ by Dali's Car on CD, but have searched many a
music store for Mick Karn's _Titles_  :-(

Regards, Michael.