Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: new David Sylvian 12"?

From: michaelf@bhpese.bhpese.oz (Michael Freund)
Date: 20 Dec 89 21:22:57 GMT
Subject: Re: new David Sylvian 12"?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <574@west.West.Sun.COM>, rar@balungan.West.Sun.COM
        (Rob Rosen - N/W Region Consulting) writes:

> 	Anyone heard the new Sylvian 12"?  It contains three new
> poppish songs, apparently.  Of somewhat more interest (aside from
> the negative of the naked woman on the cover) is the small print on
> the flip side which mentions a soon-to-be-released '5 CD set'
> containing some of Sylvian's work 'never before released on CD.'

Rob,

Hello, person who appreciates Sylvian music.  W O W !!!  A 5 CD set of never
before released works!!!  W O W !!!

Since David has remained very quiet this year, I would greatly appreciate any
enlightening information you could send regarding his recent musical/artistic
activities/releases.  I even heard a rumour that Japan were reforming!  Do you
know if this is true?

Below is a list of the significant works in my Sylvian collection.  Please
let me know if there's anything I haven't got.  I'm not realy concerned with
7" or 12" singles, unless they are new ones.

Compact Discs
-------------
1984 - Brilliant Trees
1985 - Words With The Shaman   (Mini CD)
1986 - Gone To Earth
1987 - Secrets Of The Beehive
1988 - Plight & Premonition   (with Holger Czukay)

Miscellaneous
1985 - Steel Cathedrals   (Video)
1985?- Alchemy: An Index of Possibilities?   (Cassette)
1987 - Trophies: The Lyrics of David Sylvian   (Book)

Regards, Michael.