Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

SCUM ALERT! SCUM ALERT! SCUM ALERT!

From: think!ames!cup.portal.com!L-H@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Sat, 16-Dec-89 11:12:36 PST
Subject: SCUM ALERT! SCUM ALERT! SCUM ALERT!

To: Love-Hounds
Fr: Larry Hernandez (L-H@cup.portal.com)
Re: SCUM ALERT! SCUM ALERT! SCUM ALERT!

I have discovered in the latest issue of Goldmine an ad from one
Kevin Hendryx which reads as follows:

KATE BUSH: Early demos, 1972 and
live in Japan 25 rare tracks on high
quality cassette, $15. Kevin Hendryx,
<address deleted-I wouldn't do him the favour>, Austin TX 78XXX

I just called the slime to verify whether these are indeed the
"Cathy Demos," and they in fact are.  Vinyl boots or CDs notwithstanding
(because of their short press runs and non-competition with legit vinyl
and CD releases), I find it reprehensible for anyone to stoop to such a
level as to make a profit using the easily-copied cassette medium.  The
fact that this particular person is selling the precious "Cathy Demos"
for his own monetary gain infuriates me!  I figure his "high quality
cassettes" can probably be purchased in bulk for maybe $3.50 each tops,
so this slime is making probably at least $10 (after postage) per order.
He is capitalizing on the widespread interest in Kate which has been
generated by the release of the wonderful and incomparable _TSW_, while
(as my research has revealed) at the same time, he has authored a very
unwarranted trashy review of the new album.  Yes, true fans, as if making
a profit wasn't bad enough, this person is of, as IED has so accurately
pointed out, the "ilk."

THIS BASTARD MUST BE FLAMED!!!!!!!!  His phone number is 512-926-9192.
I urge all Love-Hounds to call him, preferably in the middle of the
night (he apparently has no answering machine), and let him know, in no
uncertain terms, just how TRASHY a SCUM he IS!!!!

..and you can quote me!   Larry