Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kritijism

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 89 16:29:11 EST
Subject: Re: Kritijism
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

> [Larry DeLuca:] |>oug says (more or less):

> "I am sitting in a red chair."  This can be objectively proven.

I didn't say that "I am sitting in a red chair" can be objectively
proven.  I said that there are no such things as objective facts --
only things that people will agree or disagree on.  The things
everyone will agree on, we call "objective facts".  The few people who
won't agree on these "objective facts" we call "insane" or
"colorblind" or what have you.  But these "objective facts" are really
no more "objective" than any other opinions -- they are just nearly
universally held opinions.

|>oug

"L is for LEO who swallowed some tacks"