Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

IED

From: Peter Glen Berger <pb1p+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 89 22:50:02 -0500 (EST)
Subject: IED

You are truly psychotic.

Any and all evaluation of a given musical piece is based entirely on
subjective values, as determined by the observer's location in
space-time in relation to the vibrations forming the music being
played.  The listener's history (previous sensory input) and degree of
ethnocentricity are also taken into account (ie, if the listener's
"moral" background is similar to the author's, he is more likely to
"agree" with what is being said).

Your claims of Kate's music being "timeless" "perfect" and
representative of something "eternal" in the human spirit, besides
being a load of pseudo-religio-humanist tripe, are unfounded,
irrational, and entirely subjective.

IED - "Just make him go away, now...."

Pete Berger		       ||  ARPA:     Pete.Berger@andrew.cmu.edu
Professional Student	       ||  BITNET:   R746PB1P@CMCCVB
Carnegie-Mellon University     ||	     NEXUS@DRYCAS
Do not attend this college.    ||  UUCP: ...!harvard!andrew.cmu.edu!pb1p
"If only I could/make a deal with god/and get him to swap our places..."