Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KTI

From: vishal@m2.csc.ti.com (Vishal Markandey)
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 89 16:46:16 CST
Subject: KTI

Just received my copies of _TWW_ single on CD and picture disc. Imported
all the way from Austin, Dallas stores are pathetically sluggish in matters
Bushological. Interestingly, the CD lists "This Woman's Work (Single Mix)"
and says "Original version of 'This Woman's Work' available on the album 'The
Sensual World'" while the picture disc lists "This Woman's Work" and says
"'This Woman's Work' taken from the album 'The Sensual World'". What about
the cassingle and the regular vinyl ? The CD single does sound somewhat
different from the album and the picture disc does sound like the album, but
perhaps this is because I am telling myself it is so. My musically untrained
ear often cannot really distinguish fine variations in music.

_I'm Still Waiting_ receives a big WOOF of appreciation from this Love-Hound.

Perusing the surface of the picture disc for the "KT" symbol (I know there
isn't much chance of finding it on a single, but one never gives up hope, does
one), I noticed some strange inscriptions on the vinyl surface, presumably
placed there as marks of authenticity. The strangest is the letter string
"UP YOURS UGLY" running from the fingers of her left hand over onto her left
eye.

---

ed@DAS.LLNL.GOV (Edward Suranyi) writes:

> For the first time, I heard some ads for _The Sensual World_ today.
>
> On the radio, an ad for Tower Records said, "Enter the sensual world of
> Kate Bush"
>
> On VH-1 (on TV!) an ad for Columbia said, "The world of Kate Bush is like
> no other."

I saw an ad for _TSW_ on VH-1 today. An ad by Target store, of all places !
It was already on when I flipped to VH-1 so I din't see it completely.
They showed some shots from the Love and Anger video followed by a picture of
the CD and cassette covers, finally the sign of the Target store. The LAA music
continued to the end. Frankly, my mind was on something else and I didn't even
realise it was an ad for _TSW_ until it was all over.

Edward_Lee_Whiteside@cup.portal.COM writes:

> Re: MTV cutting off the ends (and beginnings) of videos.  It is usually a

Sometimes MTV cuts off the "yeah" and sometimes they don't. The version I
taped does have the "yeah", with Kate turning to face into the camera and
throwing a handful of the golden stuff right at the viewer. There is a very
interesting fade-out effect at that point, the golden stuff kind of pulling the
blankness (of the screen) with it. Reminds me vaguely of the effect on _The
Dreaming_ video when she says "Pull of the Bush" and the sunlight (?) seems to
be pulled into her face. If the laugh was on the video it would have to go
with a blank screen.

---

For Dallas/Fort_Worth area Love-Hounds only:

94.5 FM (KDGE) will be airing a Kate interview soon. They wouldn't give the
exact time, but said it will be sometime next week and that they will be
announcing the time soon. Keep your ears peeled. You can call them at
(214) 580-9400 for info. Also, call their request hotline at 751-0945 (metro)
or 1-800-969-0945 and request Kate songs. Call again and again and do voice
imitations. Don't bother to do Jim Bakker or Zsa Zsa Gabor, I have already
covered that. And be pushy when you call. They can be quite mulish. I had
to call thrice before they played _Love and Anger_ for me.

- Vishal

vishal@csc.ti.com		I'm gonna fill your head with lead  - KT