Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A couple of little items

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 89 19:10:19 PST
Subject: A couple of little items

1)  There is a one-hour video show on a local UHF station called the
"California Music Channel".  This show is produced in San Francisco, but
I think that it's also shown on some L.A. station.  They have an ad in
which they say something like, "Since 1982, the California Music Channel
has been playing the videos you want to see. . ."  At the same time, very
brief pieces of lots of different videos are shown.  Well, one of the
videos they show two seconds of is "Wuthering Heights"!

2)  Here's what Rob Francis of KITS said on the air this afternoon:
"Tomorrow, as every Wednesday, is a New Music Wednesday.  But we're
going to be doing something different this month.  As a guide for
Christmas shopping, we'll be featuring some of the best releases of the
past few months each Wednesday until Christmas.  Tomorrow, for example,
we'll be featuring the new album from Kate Bush -- yeah, that's a great
one!"

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        | Caption:  "Kate Bush goes from cult fave to
Dept. of Applied Science   |        chart rave."  -- _Billboard_
UC Davis/Livermore         |   (In "Was It A Hit Or A Miss" in the 1985
ed@das.llnl.gov            |          year-end special issue.)