Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

_This Woman's Work_ & _This Man's Work_

From: gatech!mit-eddie!eddie.mit.edu!henrik@uunet.UU.NET (Larry DeLuca)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 89 22:15:01 GMT
Subject: _This Woman's Work_ & _This Man's Work_
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well, I agree with IED - when I first heard the single mix of "This Woman's
Work", I was OVERWHELMED by the strings - they just kind of grab you
by the balls and pull out your innards in that way that only Kate Bush
can do.

Actually, I also thought of The Beatles' complaints that there was
never enough bass in their records - I think this was a play by Kate Bush
to get more airplay for her music by generating a sufficiently large
sonic vibration in the bass that it would cause the needle to jump off
the groove, the record to flip over, and the B-side to play without DJ
intervention. ;-)

Also, for the love-hounds in the boston area, I would appreciate your
moral support - I have lined up my first gig as a solo act, at Green
Street Station on January 3, 1990, sometime around 9 PM (they are
having New Bands night, and I will probably be one of four).  Here's
what the reviewers have to say:

	"Absolutely Stunning!  Brilliant!"

			- The Director

	"Ummmm..."

			- The Sound Engineer

	"Pretentious, Angst-Ridden Dreck."

			- Damian Roskill, for _Professionally Pale_,
				the magazine of True Artists

					larry...