Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

This Woman's Video

From: Sakari Jalovaara <sja@sirius.hut.fi>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 89 14:52:12 +0200
Subject: This Woman's Video

The video for This Woman's Work was on MTV this morning.

	The video opens with Kate playing piano and singing.  The rest
	of the room is dark, you can see only Kate and the piano.

	The camera shows a room - a hospital waiting room - chairs,
	two windows, coffee vending machine, a man (now I _know_ I've
	seen him before, who is he?) sitting down, holding his head in
	his hands, then pacing around, nervous, waiting.  It's raining
	outside.

	Kate appears - as a ghost - a rain of gold, the camera circles
	and we are in a forest - with Kate and the man - there is a
	red telephone booth on the background, lit inside.  It is
	dark.

	The camera moves again - we are back in the hospital, a nurse
	comes in - it's Kate - no, blink your eyes and it is someone
	else - she tells the man something.  Bad news.

	It has stopped raining - the camera moves again - a dinner
	table, Kate sitting, laughing - she throws her head back - and
	back - and she falls backwards - the man catches her, carries
	her to a car - drives frantically in a rain of gold (she had a
	lot of that stuff left over from Love and Anger, huh?) - into
	the hospital.  Kate is rushed away.

	We are back in the waiting room - a nurse comes in, smiling -
	tells the man something.  Kate is okay.
									++sja