Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The laugh

From: Francis Stanley Cwiklik <fc0h+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 89 20:50:52 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: The laugh

Greg O'Rear writes:

>Maybe, for whatever reason,
>she laughed, it was recorded, and she decided to put it on the album for the
>hell of it.  Maybe (gasp) she was just having fun!

Kate?  Our Kate?  Our goddess Kate?  Never!!!  :-)

>The song "Get It"
>on Paul McCartney's "Tug Of War" features Carl Perkins, and at the end of the
>song, he gives a nice long laugh, apparently enjoying the duet with Paul.
>The story goes, though, that it was spliced onto the end of the song, and was
>in fact Carl's response to a particularly dirty joke Paul told him.

Great album, great song.  When I first heard this piece of the album, I
was so charmed that I played it back a few times before going onward.
Would anyone out there happen to know exactly what the joke was?  In
Stannard and Tobler's Working Class Heroes, it is mentioned that it is
one of the old sailor-in-a-bar jokes, but it doesn't say what it was.
If anyone knows, let me know (if it's really bad, maybe you should mail
it right to me!  :-)  )  (Yeah, I know, I should be posting this to
rec.music.beatles, but it came up here first, so there, pbbbt.)

			---frank

"If only we were amongst friends...  or
sane persons..."
	---Rocky Horror Picture Show

DISCLAIMER:  If, in the course of this posting, I
have hurt, offended, anguished, mortified,
insulted, alienated, denigrated, humbled,
pained, debased, or shocked anyone,
anyone at all...

...then I've done my job.

	---Ambush Bug