Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

> Buy the other bigh, my two favorite phrases on the album occur within
> seconds of one another, interrupted by my *least* favorite phrase.
> The winners are the "Nmmmmm-nmmmm-nmmmmm...nmmmm-nmmmm-nmmmm" at the
> end of "LaA" and the Laugh after the song.  My least favorite?  The
> gratuitous "Yeah!" in between the other two phrases.  Although I'd
> never really do it, I've considered deleting that phrase when I get
> around to making cassette copies of the album.

It always seemed "obvious" to me that the laugh was a reaction to the
"Yeah!."  It just sounds like she was ad libbing along and inserted
the "yeah" w/o thinking and then laughed at the siliness of it.  The
long pause is easily attributed (by anyone whoses spent much time in
the studio) to the "keep-quiet-at-the-end-of-the-take-so-the-editing-
will-be-easier" ethos.

[usage _question_, not attack]
> she'd noted a preference among females at her site for those songs,
                                 ^^^^^^^
> while the males preferred the other examples.  Perhaps the word "like"
            ^^^^^
> the idea that this is her most "female" work to date.  So tracy
                                  ^^^^^^
I notice that alot of people these days use "females" and "mailes"
rather than women and men.  These are extrememly awkward in my dialect
and I was just wondering if anyone else out there felt the same way,
or could explain why this is happening.  In the last case, "feminine"
would seem to me to be an infinitely preferable adjective, rather than
just using "female" in an adjectival way.  Comments?

--
#dan

Clever:         dbk@mimsy.umd.edu | "For I was rolled in water,
Not-so-clever:  uunet!mimsy!dbk   |  I was rolled out past the pier" - MoB