Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

(Note that there is a discrepancy in the first line - in the "Lyrics"
section it reads "sensitive", while the "Music" section, which includes
the melody line, shows it as "insensitive".  I have chosen the "Music"
version becase A) the melody line fits poperly, and B) otherwise
they are identical.).

Oh with a mind that renders everything insensitive
What chance do I have here -
Put an end Put an end
Put an end to every dream
When you're near - I fear you
And I forget myself

But not this time baby
Not this time
Not this time baby
Not this time
I don't know why I give in but I do every time
And here I am wondering wy I did it again
Toor-ee-ah Toor-ee-oh
Toor-ee-ah Toor-ee-oh
That's waht I say
It keeps me going and it keeps the ship away

I don't know what it is
But every time you're near
I fear you
And I forget myself
No not this time baby
Not this time you won't
Not this time darling
C'mon we all sing
Toor-ee-ah Toor-ee-oh

Not this time

(It should also be noted that I think all the people who insist the
line "It keeps me going and it keeps the ship away" is really "...it
keeps the shit away" are silly - if that's what she'd said, really, she
would have published it.  She's a very uncompromising sort, and doesn't
seem to be afraid of a cuss word now and then, much less be willing to
cheeze out when publishing lyrics to some obscure B-side no one but her most
die-hard fans are ever going to listen to more more than twice anyway).

					larry...