Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

THE LAUGH and KBC renewals

From: portal!cup.portal.com!Edward_Lee_Whiteside@apple.com
Date: Sun, 12-Nov-89 10:56:33 PST
Subject: THE LAUGH and KBC renewals

I also got my KBC newsletter a couple of days ago.  For additional
information on the laugh, take a look of the picture of Kate with the tapes
of the finished album (not including the CD bonus track).
On the tape, "Love And Anger" is 4:43 and "The Fog" is 5:01.  On my US CD,
L&A is 4:39 and "The Fog" is 5:10.  There is a bit of silence at the end of
"The Fog" as well, but the laugh runs 3 to 4 seconds with some echo running
into the first notes of "The Fog".  Add those three seconds to "Love An
Anger" and you 4:43.  Of course, the other times on the CD don't quite match
up exactly to Kate's tape.  Especially "This Woman's Work" which my CD
player shows as 3:40, but when playing it back, it ends at 3:34 with some
negative time before "Walk Straight Down The Middle".

One other thing in the newsletter that should lead to some discussion here
is the info on how the club will handle renewals and subsequent issues.
Anyone been able to figure out the explanation of it?