Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: new FOETUS

From: gatech.edu!mit-eddie!GAFFA.MIT.EDU!jsd@cs.utexas.edu (Jon Drukman)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 89 14:39:12 GMT
Subject: Re: new FOETUS
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: gatech.edu!mit-eddie!eddie.mit.edu!daemon@cs.utexas.edu (Mr Background)

In article <9940002@hpfcso.HP.COM> cag@hplabs.UUCP (Craig Gleason) writes:
>>Thanks for the info - but I have a domestic (red) copy of "Hole" and it
>>lists the extra tracks - but doesn't have them on the disc itself!  Are
>>you saying that your pressing contains these tracks!
>>
>All of the red copies of Hole that I've seen include an EP in the same
>sleeve as the LP.  The extra tracks (on those copies I know of) aren't
>listed anywhere except on the EP itself.  I'm only talking about the
>vinyl record here - the CD apparently lists all the tracks from the
>EP but only includes a couple.

I don't think the CD (any version) includes any of the extra tracks.
My CD (with a red cover and a red silkscreen on the disc itself) is
pretty short (40 mins) and only goes up to "Cold Day In Hell." I can't
tell if it's domestic or not because it has about three different
label insignia on it (PVC, Ze and Self Immolation) The disc says "Made
In USA" but the back cover says "Printed in Canada".  Now, is there
another version of the CD with more than just the ten songs from
"Hole" on it?

Also note that a lot of the tracks on the CD are mis-cued (eg, "Sick
Man" is broken into two tracks!)  "Nail" has this problem as well.

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "Women!  A Mistake?  Or did He do it to |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  | us ON PURPOSE!?" -- Witches Of Eastwick |