Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MisK

From: usenet@PARIS.ICS.UCI.EDU
Date: 29 Oct 89 18:36:03 GMT
Subject: Re: MisK
Sender: usenet@PARIS.ICS.UCI.EDU
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:

>Really-From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)

>3) Capsule review of the album in the Oct. 29 _Los Angeles Times_:

>Yes, I know that's tomorrow's date, but I got a copy of the Calendar
>section one day early.  The _Times_ has its annual Pop Music Special
>this week, and they have capsule reviews of the 63 albums "expected to
>generate the most critical and commercial interest of all the post-Labor
>Day releases during the hectic year-end rush."

>**** KATE BUSH, "The Sensual World," Columbia.  Having the glorious
>Trio Bulgarka sing on three songs even further expands Bush's already
>thoroughly developed world vision -- perhaps only Peter Gabriel melds
>so many elements with such seamless, individualistic flair.  Still, some
>may continue to find her attention-getting vocals precious and her
>quasi-comic outlook and naked emotionalism off-putting.
>				 -- Steve Hochman

I was just going to post this.  Gosh, Ed, can you type it in any
faster :-).  My biggest complaint about all this is that no one in
LA (that I know of) is playing any tracks at all from TSW.  On the
17th, when I was leaving for the El Toro Tower, I had to stop for
gas.  When I was finished, I got into my car, KROQ was just finishing
"Love and Anger."  The DJ, obviously an escapee from some
institution or other, came on afterward and said simply, "Isn't she
wieeeerd?"  Since then, I've heard not a peep from any station I can
imagine might play Kate.  It's been very depressing.
--
Mark Nagel
UC Irvine Department of ICS   +----------------------------------------+