Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Query: what do they MEAN? (TSW songs...)

From: dasys1!gts@cmcl2.NYU.EDU (G. T. Samson)
Date: Sun Oct 29 02:53:31 1989
Subject: Query: what do they MEAN? (TSW songs...)

I'm sure I'm going to get deluged for this, but...

I haven't been up to reading r.m.gaffa recently (Neurology and
some social stuff dragging me down), and now that I have a copy
of TSW (that seems to have physically attached itself to my CD
player) I'm kind of wondering if any discussion of what's going
on in/around/behind the lyrics in this new KT opus has gone on.

For instance, I'm quite confused about what's being talked about
in track 5, "Heads We're Dancing"... and then what exactly is
going ON in track 1, "The Sensual World" (yes, yes, I saw the
comments about "pure sex", but what's all this about charms and
control?), and how about on the bonus track, "Walk Straight Down
The Middle"?...

Oh, heck.  Tell me something about all of them.  All the songs.

Please?

E-mail will be fine... to gts@gnu.ai.mit.edu, or gts@tardis.harvard.edu.

Thanks, KT-ophiles, for your time and opinions... in advance.

-GTS

Name: Gregory T. Samson, the Evil MicroWizard [and once An Insane Man]
Nets: ARPA: gts@tardis.harvard.edu UUCP: ...cmcl2!hombre!dasys1!gts
      ALSO: hombre!dasys1!gts@cmcl2.nyu.edu OR: dasys1!gts@masa.com
Quote: "When in Rome, KILL ME!" -- a Priest of the SubGenius