Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: But what *I* want to know is...

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 89 12:47:58 EDT
Subject: Re: But what *I* want to know is...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: "Joe Turner" <turnerj@gw2.hanscom.af.mil>
>
>Why on earth is "Hounds of Love" an ADD disc, yet "The Sensual World" is AAD???
>
>Fooey.
>
>/joe

Of course, you miss the point entirely, Dear Joseph!  For one thing,
Hounds Of Love says ADD on the disc and AAD on the outside, so go
figure which is accurate (this happens with CD labelling all too
often -- I don't know why we bother with SPARS codes and all this
misleading "digital mastering" hoo hah anyway when none of it means
a wad of spit in terms of sound quality.  I have DDD discs that sound
far worse than some AAD ones.  But I digress.).

Also, didn't Kate say that after the digital mixing of The Dreaming
she would never do digital again?

TOTALLY UNRELATED DEPARTMENT:
	Anybody hear the new Tack>>Head thingie called "Friendly
As A Hand Grenade" yet?  It ain't available around here... yet...

--
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I like George Bush, but this `kinder,  |