Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TSW in the British Charts

From: Steve Wallis <stevew%mushroom.computer-science.manchester.ac.uk@NSFNET-RELAY.AC.UK>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 89 16:57:08 BST
Subject: TSW in the British Charts

TSW (the album) has entered the British album charts at Number 2 (in both the
BBC/Gallup chart and the independent chart).  Most record chains have there
own charts, and I have seen TSW at Number 1 in two of those.

There have been a few contradictory statements about how TSW (the single) has
got on, I will say how it got on in the BBC/Gallup chart (generally regarded
as the most accurate).  It entered at 12, then dropped to 15, then 29 (I
think), and then dropped out of the charts (to 44).

I unfortunately only managed 3 listens to the album so far, due to loss of my
hi-fi (but 3 is infinitely better than none at all).  This has also slowed
down my transcription of the Radio One interview, but part 2 will appear very
shortly.

   \       / /\ // / \      // /         |       Steve Wallis       |
     \    \/ //\\/ /   \  / \/ /         |  stevew@uk.ac.man.cs.r5  |
       \/  \/