Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: microsoft!stevesc@uunet.uu.net
Date: Mon Oct 16 20:52:02 1989

Subject: Innocence Mission
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I'd like to add my agreement to the people who have said that
Innocence Mission sound a _lot_ like Kate.  More specifically, the
lead singer (Karen Peris, I think) has a voice that sounds exactly
what I would imagine Kate would sound like if she had Natalie
Merchant's (of 10000 Maniacs) accent.  I'd compare the music first to
10000 Maniacs (on the two previous albums, in case they're different
from the current one).  I was too busy to pay close attention to the
lyrics so I can't describe them much.  I don't think it's up to the
overall talent of Kate (what is?), but it's certainly pleasant music,
and the similarity of that voice is _incredible_.  I think if you
distorted it to hide the difference in accent, you could fool someone
into thinking it was Kate.

--
	Steve Schonberger	microsoft!stevesc@uunet.uu.net
	"Who built the Space Needle?  Elvis!" -- Mojo Nixon