Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 89 23:07:45 PDT

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Hello + Misc.
Date: 15 Oct 89 06:07:45 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

I heard on the radio that Steve Masters was going to make an appearance
tonight, so I went to meet him.  I introduced myself as the person who
wrote that letter he read on the air, and we talked for a couple of
minutes.  He really likes the new album.

Then I went back to my car.  Ten seconds after I started the engine,
Audio-Vidya announced on the radio that she was going to play "The
Sensual World"!  This is all-request Saturday night, and the song
was requested by a girl from Berkeley.

I'm glad I don't have to do *all* the work.  It's hard enough trying
to buy ten copies of an invisible single.

>Really-From: <WADE%UCLASTRO.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
>

>    I agree whole-heartedly.  It brings to mind a story about Isaac Asimov
     [story deleted]

Now I know how you feel about redundancy, Jon.  Actually, I can't blame
you, Wade, but I posted essentially the same story about two months ago.

>song, even though I agree with those who find the story of the song now to
>be impossibly far-fetched.  (Even if the woman wasn't sure of what the most
>famous man in Europe looked like [hard to believe] how could his identity
>been kept hidden from her?  Hitler was a head of state and certainly not in
>hiding.  He was in the middle of starting a World War (he had already
>annexed Austria and the Munich appeasement had already taken place
>though we are not told whether the actual war had begun yet or not).
>That Hitler would have been carousing about another country in secret
>going dancing in '39 stretches the imagination.)

I'm glad someone agrees with me, at least.  But I won't say any more
about this topic.

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        |  "I'll take Katie in my shelter any day"
Dept. of Applied Science   |              -- Bruce Pollock,
UC Davis/Livermore         |                 _Wilson Library Bulletin_
ed@das.llnl.gov            |    (in review of _The Dreaming_)