Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: microsoft!davidbro@uunet.UU.NET
Date: Fri Oct 13 11:20:36 1989

From: davidbro@microsoft.UUCP (David Brown)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Seattle area (well, Bellingham, actually) Bush Bash!!!
Date: 13 Oct 89 18:20:34 GMT

Okay, now that the plans have been finalized, I can announce:

	T H E   P A C I F I C   N O R T H W E S T

	  	  B U S H   B A S H ! ! !

Where?
	Kate Bush House, Bellingham Washington
	(email uunet!microsoft!davidbro for directions)

Why?
	This part should be obvious.  We're going to gather and
	listen to Tiffany albums.  (No!!!  Put that down.  It was
	a JOKE!!!  Don't hurt me.  Okay, I take it back!!!)
	We're going to listen to as much Kate as we can in one evening.
	And we'll watch the video that IED was nice enough to put together
	for us, and we'll eat, and drink, and toast the new album, talk
	about Kate, read about Kate, propose ideas about what the various
	songs on TSW mean, and argue.

When?
	Saturday, October 21st.
	We'll start a 5pm and go until whenever.

Sponsored by:
	The Western Washington University Kate Bush Club (an Associated
	Students organization) and the Microsoft MSGAFFA Mailing List
	(a sort of mini-love-hounds for Microsoft employees).

If you don't want to try to decipher my instructions on how to get there,
The Microsoft contingent will be meeting in the parking lot of Building 1
to carpool.  To get to Microsoft: Get on 520 going east.  Take the second
148th Ave NE exit (the going north).  Turn right onto 148th (you have no
choice).  Turn right on 40th.  Stay in the right-most lane.  It will get
peeled off into a business park (Microsoft Place).  Follow this road until
it starts to veer to the right.  Make a left turn and follow the signs.
We'll be meeting there at 3:00pm.

Hope to see all of you NW Kate fans there!!!!

dave
(this posting has nothing to do with Microsoft, other than the fact that I
work there, and it is a convenient landmark to meet people for carpooling.)
--
Dave Brown                                       ...!uunet!microsoft!davidbro
Systems Division, Microsoft Corp., Redmond Wa.