Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jane Sibbery

From: riley@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (Daniel S. Riley)
Date: 13 Oct 89 16:47:51 GMT
Subject: Re: Jane Sibbery
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Mike Cyze writes:
>I recently saw a TV blurb about Jane's new album.  Evidently, during
>the recording (and writing) of _The_Walking_ , Jane was in the midst
>of breaking up with her then-boyfriend _____ Switzer (can't remember
>his first name).  Note that he was also a producer on the record -
>Hence the more "moody" sound.

John Switzer was the bass player and co-producer (with Jane) on No Borders
Here, The Speckless Sky, and The Walking.  I believe that he's still the
bass player on Bound by the Beauty, but I don't have a copy handy to check
the credits.  As I recall, the major changes in the band were a different
drummer and a different keyboard player (with the old keyboard player,
Ann Bourne (I think), adding bv's on one track).

>Interesting bit of trivia:
>    Did you know that before recording _No_Borders_Here_ Jane went to
>    Spain on the sole purpose of meeting Salvador Dali?  She spent
>    4 days at his castle (more specifically, on the doorstep) until
>    S. D. would talk with her.

I hadn't heard that.  Anyone have any good sources for Jane interviews?

-Dan Riley (riley@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu, cornell!batcomputer!riley)
-Wilson Lab, Cornell U.