Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Suspended in Gaffa

From: halley!steve@cs.utexas.edu (Steve Williams)
Date: 10 Oct 89 04:03:37 GMT
Subject: Re: Suspended in Gaffa
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In a recent article, Julian.West@mac.dartmouth.edu, says/asks:

>   Listening to _Heads_We're_Dancing_ several times a day does funny
>   things to my minds, so maybe I just imagined this, but didn't someone
>   yesterday link the words "Suspended in Gaffa" to the writings of
>   Gurdjieff in an offhand and somewhat suspicious manner?
>   Still, I'd appreciate a clarification from whomever dropped that
>   particular name.

I think you're thinking of my reference last week about my long-ago
relating the title "Suspended in Gaffa" (not the lyrics) with
Aldous Huxley's book "Eyeless in Gaza".  No relationship implied
other than the symmetry of the two, which was the cause of my
initial confused (and long-abandoned) belief that there might be a
connection.

Steve Williams               ...!cs.utexas.edu!halley!steve