Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The AusTin Bash

From: halley!steve@cs.utexas.edu (Steve Williams)
Date: 10 Oct 89 04:20:54 GMT
Subject: The AusTin Bash
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

The Austin bash will happen!  More or less at the same time as the NCal
bash, from mid afternoon to mid-evening on Sunday, Oct 22. Mark Brown
(who can't post to the outside world because he works at one of those
big, sort of blue-ish 3-initial places) has offered his new house as the
site.  He has the necessary electronics to handle vinyl, CD, and audio
tape, as well as dual VCRs.  Mark suggests that everyone either bring
things to grill outdoors or we all head somewhere for dinner as we wrap
up.  In addition to bringing something to cook/eat, bring everything
else you might want.  (Mark's party resources are already committed to
Halloween the following week, and I think he's doing quite enough by
offering the house and all.)

It looks like there'll be a dozen or so people there.  I've been
contacted by: Mark Brown, Bob Thaden (major collector, and
ObsKuriTies1-duper extraordinaire), William Watson, Donna McLaughlin,
and Dean Hines from the McD Observatory (Dean: I tried to contact you;
phone me if you read this).  Each has mentioned bringing one, two, or
three other KaTe-ophiles, including some non-net types, and at least one
other mega-collector, the owner of Austin Books.  Since the album will
be out by then, we'll have that in clean form.  We'll also have singles,
promos, rare tapes and videos (new and old), books, beer Koozies,
T-shirts, and... (wait, I'm getting carried away again -- cancel the
Koozies and T's)... anyway, if you're near Austin, you don't want to
pass this up this chance to share in KaTeness.

An effort will be made to join in the conference call that Tracy and Larry
are organizing for around 4:30 PDT.  (Tracy, see Mark's # later in this.)

Details:
Sunday, 10/22, roughly 3-10pm.
6425 Spicewood Springs Road
(512)-346-4190
Sign in yard: "6425- This Is It"

Bad Directions:
>From Loop 360, if you're heading north, watch for the small turnoff for
Spicewood Springs Road on the left about a quarter-mile before the
bigger turnoff (with light) for Spicewood on the right. Take the one on
the left, heading northwest, away from Austin.  Continue 2 or 4 miles
down Spicewood, past the Spicewood Country School, an auto salvage place
not-so-discreetly concealed behind fences and trees, cross the creek,
then look for Mark's house in a tiny subdivision isolated in the valley
there.  (Flamers about net pollution: These directions are for
late-deciders, out-of-towners, and anyone else who hasn't contacted me
already.  Those of you who have been in contact can get better
directions if you need them by calling Mark or myself.)

Steve Williams               ...!cs.utexas.edu!halley!steve
                                512-244-8252