Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

National Runaway Switchboard

From: hoqax!bicker@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Brian Charles Kohn +1 201 949 5850)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 89 13:05:00 EST
Subject: National Runaway Switchboard

Just caught a commercial for the National Runaway Switchboard.  They
used the chorus from Peter Gabriel's Don't Give Up as the focus of
the ad...the part where KaTe sings, "There's no reason to be afraid...
Don't give up, Please don't give up..."

Ohh-Ahhh.

Now if I could just catch some of the Sensual World cuts they're
playing on 106.3FM...all my friends keep telling me they play the
stuff often, but I always seem to miss it.

/kohn/brian.c                  AT&T Bell Laboratories Quality Technology Center
The Resource,                  E-MAIL: att!hoqax!bicker (bicker@hoqax.ATT.COM)
Poet-Magician of Quality       PHONE: (201) 949-5850
Moderator, CE Mailing List
   'Hope, not fear, is the most positive advocate of action.' - S.R. Lawhead